Secure, automatic clamping with a pneumatically operated clamp
Pneumatic clamps allow automation of the manual clamping action of standard toggle clamps, opening up new applications. They are actuated by compressed air and can be used to securely clamp parts remotely by the push of a button. If the pressure fails, the pneumatic clamp remains closed.
Pneumatic clamps (Misati patent), which use a knee joint to move a clamping arm beyond a dead point, facilitate absorbing major retention force.
Advantages of pneumatic clamps
Pneumatic clamps offer the following advantages:
- Automation of the clamping action
- Querying of the clamp position and integration into the plant control system
- Simple and convenient installation thanks to standardized connections
- Simultaneous operation of multiple clamps
- Expandable such as with position sensing
Winco’s selection of pneumatic clamps
Winco offers a large selection of pneumatic clamps, power clamps and swing clamps. They differ primarily in terms of their clamping principle, size, ease of operation and holding force.
- Pneumatic toggle clamps: These clamps are technically identical to manual toggle clamps, except that the clamping mechanism is actuated by a pneumatic cylinder.
- Power clamps: These pneumatic clamps feature a high clamping force together with compact dimensions.
- Swing clamps: These pneumatic clamps are used when the clamping point must be freely accessible for inserting and removing the workpiece. The clamping action is divided into a swinging movement of the clamping arm and a linear clamping motion.
Buy pneumatic clamps from Winco
Pneumatic clamps from Winco are designed for use in mass production, and a variety of different shapes and quality levels are available according to the specific application. Winco also offers an extensive range of accessories for these standard parts. This allows the pneumatic clamps to be optimally integrated into nearly any installation situation.